Wednesday 22 August 2012

I Got It From My Momma

My sense of humor, that weird one, plus the irony, which is fully understood by 10% of the people, causing the rest of 90% to think that I am completely insane. Or weird, or stupid, it depends. The lexicon jokes and the affinity for puns, that make me laugh the hardest, and also work charms for my sister.

My passion for cooking and baking, the fact that I can actually make edible dishes and my hating to follow recipes and go instead for a twist or an extra teaspoon of sugar or spice.

My inclination towards all kind of arts, my being able to sing without punishing my fellows (either that or all my friends are masochist or plainly deaf), to dance, to draw respectably, to paint on all kind of surfaces, to write (I hope) acceptably, to cut and crop and sew.

My long-shaped nails, brown eyes and weird eyebrows that grow all over my eye lids except the right place. Also my thin lips that would supposedly make me look like a mean person at times.

My analytic thinking and attention to detail, my preference for calculus and exact sciences, and what I like to think is a sharp mind.

Always keeping an optimistic appearance and a positive smile in front of the worst.

My being, wishfully thinking at least, a person with enough common sense and character.

But also my paranoid strikes and my tendency to be (more than) slightly gossipy and judgmental.

My overdramatic and oversensitive character, my unfortunately worrying for anything one can possibly worry about.

The bad habit of often comparing myself to other people and shadowing whatever satisfaction instead of just being content.

My growing overly attached or dependent to the utmost wrong persons.

That weird combination of always being displeased with my own self but still remain borderline arrogant.

If there's thanks to be thanked or blames to be blamed for most of what's fundamental(ly good or bad) about me and defining without my choice, they should go to my dear mom.

Smugness and insecurities altogether, it's clear as light and easy to outsource, I got'em from my momma.

2 comments:

  1. ... and being a person with deep heart ...

    P.S. Lexical jokes and puns! I recognize myself in these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, deep heart, sharp mind, lexicon jokes, characteristics of all women in this family:))

    ReplyDelete